Do you exercise regularly and wear makeup occasionally? If you're anything like me, you answered yes. Between working out and teaching fitness classes, I don't end up wearing makeup much.
Some years ago, I received a facial from a wonderful esthetician and she asked: "What makeup do you use?" I replied: "I rarely wear makeup because I've found it to cause breakouts on my skin (acne)". She then recommended that I try bareMinerals as many of her clients use their products and have not had any problems. Well, I did and haven't turned back since. The following is my list of must-haves. Enjoy.
1. We will start with the "f" word-foundation. I really had trouble in the past choosing something that not only blended well with my complexion but was also breathable (didn't feel heavy). I have been a fan of tinted moisturizers and was introduced to bareMinerals Complexion Rescue a couple of years ago and now swear by it. It's more like a tinted moisturizer but works well as a light foundation for those who don't like or want super full coverage.
This product blends well and feels really light on my skin, but what I find most amazing is how well it covers those subtle blemishes. It additionally contains SPF 30. If you aren't much of a foundation wearer and would like some coverage from time to time, this product is for you.
2. I'm adding a brush to my list because I've learned from various experts that I've been blessed to come in contact with that having the right brush can make all of the difference when applying makeup. When I use bareMinerals Complexion Rescue, I squirt a few drops on the top of my hand add some to the bareMinerals Perfecting Face Foundation Brush, apply it gently to my face and voila! I have an even amount of product on my face that looks fabulous. This is one of my favorite brushes period......
3. Once you get the coverage you want with your foundation/tinted moisturizer, it is a fabulous idea to set it with bareMinerals Perfection Veil which is one of their best selling products. My recommendation is purchasing bareMinerals Always Perfect which combines the bareMinerals Perfecting Veil with an application brush. Why not kill two birds with one store?
4. Eyeshadow is one of my favorite things to apply and it's best to start with a great base. bareMinerals 5-in-1 BB Advanced Performance Cream Eyeshadow Broad Spectrum SPF 15 is perfect to be used as a base or alone on your lids. I love it because of it's creamy texture making it quick and easy to apply with the wand provided. This is another product with SPF protection which is an added bonus. There a different shades available.
5. For those looking for a couple blendable shades to apply over a base, bareMinerals READY Eyeshadow 2.0 Pallets are just what you are looking for. I personally like neutral shades like the two pictured below.
6. An eye makeup application just isn't complete with out a great liner. bareMinerals Round the Clock Intense Cream-Glide Eyeliner is super easy to apply and comes in shades according to time. The later the time is, the darker the color. Cool huh?
7. So I have a confession to make, I don't do much mascara because it runs throughout the day and I end up looking like a raccoon. I use mascara mostly on special occasions and when I know I'm going to get many photos taken (guilty). I'm a fan of bareMinerals Flawless Definition Mascara because of the brush's shape. It's thin and pointy which helps me define my lashes very easily.
8. Blush is a perfect way to solidify your makeup application. A great neutral color blush is the best way to go in my opinion and bareMinerals has a great variety of blushes for all skin tones. Can't beat that!
9. Why not give your lips a little shine and color? bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss does just that. This product comes in various colors and has a great angled applicator for precise application. I'll leave you with a lipgloss tip that a great makeup artist taught me early on. He said that heavy lip gloss on your top lip equals fried chicken; heavy lip gloss on your bottom lip equals sexy.
So those where my 9 makeup must-haves from bareMinerals. Do you have a daily makeup routine that works really well for you? Do you have must-have products that you would like to share? If so, please feel free to discuss them below.
Founder of Erica Preston Health and Fitness LLC
A women’s health and fitness enthusiast who believes that fitness should be fun.